More information for landlords
From 1 October 2015 landlords are being required by law to install working smoke and carbon monoxide alarms in their properties.
Please use the links below to find out more information.
Contact details for key agencies
- Residential Landlords Association (RLA)
- National Landlords association (NLA)
- British Property Federation
Documents to download
- The Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm [England] Regulations 2015 (new window, PDF 78KB)
- Q&A booklet for landlords and tenants (new window, PDF 159KB)
- Q&A booklet for Local Authorities (new window, PDF 222KB)
- Fit for purpose – a brief guide to fitting smoke and carbon monoxide alarms (new window, PDF 1410KB)
- Key facts – why the move adds up to a major boost for fire safety (new window, PDF 71KB)